photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The Desk


I found this beauty at DI (local thrift store) for $10. When I saw it I knew it HAD to be mine for 2 reasons. 1. It is awesome and perfect for our computer desk. 2. It looks exactly like a desk that my dad had growing up that my 4 siblings and I have argued about who gets it when the time comes. Horrible I know, but for some reason we just love that desk. When I found this one I decided it could take the place of that one. . . for now. :) I took it out to the little patio at my apartment, primed and painted. I decided to prime rather than sand because I did not yet have a palm sander and didn't want to wait until I got one. I decided to keep the original hardware because it gave it a bit of character that a lot of new hardware doesn't have for a piece like this. It turned out to well and I love it! The chair I found on KSL goes perfectly as well.



Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Very nice! You did a great job on this.

    I found your blog over at Creative Spark, so glad I snooped around.

    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what some work and a little white paint can do! It looks beautiful and I love that you kept the original hardware. Thanks so much for linking up with The Creative Spark! Hope to see you next week!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete