photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Porch Swing Progress

 Remember this post? Well we fixed the height of the swing almost immediately and I spend so much time out there. My littles love to play outside with the neighbors and I have a place to sit and watch. I added a splash with this pillow. I tackled 2 new sewing adventures in the process; piping and a zipper! When I left the pillow out, the Hubs asked where I bought it, which means I did a good job! I am so excited about it.







I got the fabric from Joann's with my 40% off coupon so it was only $11/yd! Wowza! I had been eyeing this fabric online, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Once I saw it in Joann's I bought the rest of the bolt. I decided to recover my dining chairs in the same fabric. (That reveal will come later when I finally finish refinishing my chairs.)

I still have a few things in mind to keep my swing company, like this from Urban Outfitters.


And perhaps a little table like this from Overstock.

I can't wait until I have more to show!

Photobucket






4 comments :

  1. I love your swing, great choice of color for the cushion. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN! I love projects- this came out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swing and pillow are fabulous! I really need to learn how to sew! :)

    Thank you for linking up with Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a chevron rug in my bathroom but it got destroyed in a flooding incident! Gah! Now on the hunt for a new one! That UO has been tempting me for a while...

    ReplyDelete