photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

A Compromise


In light of my recent post about the trim fiasco that is know as my house right now, I have been searching desperately searching for a solution to the problem. I think I may have found one. He says, "Never in a million years will I LET you paint it all white!" (he's dead serious) I say, "It feels . . . bleh and the base isn't even the same stained color as the door casings and the doors! It looks stupid." Here's what I think now. . .

 
 via

DUH!!! Paint the trim and leave the doors stained! I have to admit, the doors in my house are absolutely beautiful!!! It's the trim that gets me. Don't have stained doors? No problem!!! You can always paint. How's this for eye candy in your home!?!


 via
 via
 via 
I think this could possibly solve the problem. It would allow for wood filler on the trim (without having to spend decades of my life sanding and restaining all of the trim and hope it matches the base and doors) and would also allow my wall color to contrast better with the white. (which is what I had in mind when I picked it) It will ALSO give the hubs what he wants by not painting the doors or "all of it." I'm pretty excited to present this idea to the hubs. What do YOU think!?! let me know!

2 comments :

  1. I'm in love with the whole color combo in the first picture. And I think it is a fantastic compromise! I can't wait to see your pictures of what you come up with!

    ~Brie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, LOVE! What a great compromise! Good hunting skills you have! :)

    ReplyDelete