photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Frenemies

"Frenemy" (alternately spelled "frienemy") is a portmanteau of "friend" and "enemy" that can refer to either an enemy disguised as a friend. (definition via Wikipedia)


Over the past few years as I have taken on DIY projects, I have made myself a frenemy. It is something that I love, love, love the look of. I think it finishes off an upholstery project just beautifully. I'm terrified to try it myself. My mom showed me one time how to do it and I think it seems easy enough, but for some reason I am just petrified of it. Normally I'm pretty confident in my ability to see something and recreate it in my own way, or even as a replica. But THIS. . . just stops me dead in my tracks. 


What could this Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad THING be? Piping! That's it! It seems silly now that I jot it down 'out loud' but it just gets me. 


 via
 via
It obviously adds personality, sophistication, and a finishing touch to a piece of upholstered anything. I would love to be able to just whip out a piece of reupholstered furniture with the elegant touch of a piping detail much like those featured above. Until I am able to muster up the courage to even TRY it, I'll be stuck. In this black hole of wanting it. Maybe someday. . .

No comments :

Post a Comment