photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Back in the Saddle

I feel like I’ve been in a project rut lately. Part of that had to do with a rut I was in in real life (as opposed to craft life). So I got out of my funk, and started up my creative thinking again. First thing’s first, I put together a mood board for my Master Bedroom. Surprise surprise, I tweaked it a bit from the one I posed here.  I pinned my new one here via the Olioboard I made for it. Which btw is my new favorite toy! Did I mention, it’s FREE!?! check it out. BUT FIRST, check out my first project for my boudoir starting with the inspiration picture.

Untitled


It’s an absolutely GORGEOUS lamp and it ought to be for $362.50. Yup! You heard me! $362.50 USD! Just a tad out of my price range, but the color combo of the mint gold and whatever color the shade is.  For a long while now I’ve been working on finding the perfect shape for bed side lamps and settled on Ginger Jar lamps and a favorite. If any of you have looked into these, then you know how pricey they can be like this from Etsy, or these also from Etsy. Not gonna happen. So I found these at a local thrift store. Not an exact match, but I knew I’d be painting them anyway so they were close enough. This is what I ended up with.

0413121419

The best part about the set? It was $10.86 for the pair! I LOVE thrifting!

DSCN2292
DSCN2294
DSCN2296
DSCN2292

I know the shade isn’t an exact match to the inspiration. And I know that the grey stripe will probably bother a lot of you when you first see it. Trust me, I know! I kept texting my sister and a few friends to see what they honestly thought because it was bugging me. Then I decided that I probably didn’t like it because it was so out of my comfort zone. “You CAN’T mix GREY and GOLD!!! It CAN’T be done!!!” Well I tell yo uthat IT CAN! The more I see it, the more I just love it! It was a good first step to take me out of my box and take me towards a more eclectic un-matchy room. I can’t wait to do more!


Linked up at
BWS tips buttonDIY Show Off






Sumo's Sweet Stuff
I Heart Nap TimePrimitive and Proper




3 comments :

  1. Ok, ok, I must admit it looks FABULOUS! The smaller pic on my phone didn't do it justice. But, now seeing it on my screen it looks amazing! Good job Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lamps are great! Awesome find. And I love what you've done. Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete