photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

To Brass? or Not to Brass?

As most of you may have noticed, brass/gold is making a comeback. At first I was very hesitant because I am part of the silver/white gold era. Everyone's wedding rings are white gold or platinum. House light fixtures are polished/rubbed nickel or chrome. (with a little oil rubbed bronze in the mix) In the recent year and more-so months, brass is coming back. The difference in 
"today's brass" compared to the "brass of 80's past" 
is the patina. Most of the things that I have seen recently don't have that crazy polished brass look. It's softer and not nearly as harsh. It's more of an antiqued brass. Anywho. . . Here are some examples of the beautiful brass things that are floating around out there.



In this first photo i noticed the Pendant light fixture. I think it's absolutely beautiful and the gold adds just enough without being overpowering. It's a very elegant chandi!


Alice Lane via 6th Street Design

This lamp is oh so gold, but it screams CHIC to me! It has very classic lines and I think it could be worked into any design. I mean, look how the teal glass looks next to it. The color combo is uber gorgeous!


This next lamp is very simple and dare I say delicate. It ads just the right amount of femininity to this table but is subtly masculine at the same time. And there it is with teal again. I think I might be onto something here. 


This little beauty was recently spotlighted on a la mode which has become one of my new favorite blogs! I don't even know how to describe this little table. It is exactly what I have been searching for and I didn't even know that I was looking!  I just know that I absolutely love it!


Both of these beauties are from Ballard. Who doesn't love a good sunburst mirror? The trellis design on the other is also very beautiful.

What do you think? Let me know if you'll give in and add it to your decor.

So there you have it. Gold is making a comeback and I'm going to concede from
Under My Mulberry Tree



No comments :

Post a Comment