photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Easter Eve

Today we went to a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. Daddy was even there this year.

DSCN2005

I snoozed my alarm 3 times this morning before I finally dragged my sorry keester out of bed. You see, the festivities started at 8:30, but if you wanted a primo spot for the egg frenzy, you needed to be there early. Which meant an early rise. I was up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning to go to the park. (I must really love my littles)

DSCN2008
DSCN2007

As we pulled into the park I read the sign advertising the event for the day. Turns out things didn't start until 9! We were there a full hour early. Because the boys were clearly dressed for play, they spent about 45 minutes on the playground. Most of which I spent waiting in line for their darling little lady bug balloon animals.

DSCN2011

DSCN2013

When it was finally time for the reaping egg hunt, everyone stampeded to the hunting grounds. The group in charge of the egg hunt marks off this HUGE section of an open grass field in the park. Everyone has to stay behind the markers while they dump giant garbage bags full of eggs onto the ground. Then on "ready, set, go" it's a free for all. (Luckily it's broken into age groups.) My boys misunderstood what was meant when daddy told them to run to the middle to grab eggs since they were older and the little ones would be collecting what was right in front of them. They just kept running and ended up with 2 eggs each. They got to go again with the next group and this time mama was there to help. We didn't make out like bandits, but they sure had fun!

DSCN2001
Bowties: c/o Uptown-Boys

These boys just kill me. I love them to the moon and back.

No comments :

Post a Comment