photo navbar-headerpic.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Feeling Lucky!

Yesterday a dear friend of my family, she was more like a 2nd mom than anything else, went under the knife for a routine, yet not so routine, surgery. On Saturday I received an email from her letting me, and others, know that she was recently diagnosed with Stage 1 Breast Cancer. I cried a little when I read the letter, but found peace in her positive outlook. She had gone to her Dr. for a mammogram (like a good little girl) and that was how they were able to detect it early on. She reassured us that she was going to be alright and I can't help but believe her. Her faith in her Savior, Jesus Christ, is real, as is mine and we know that he will not leave her to fight this alone. She has an amazing support system and I know so many people that have so much love for her. 


After hearing this news I couldn't help but reflect upon my own life. I am so blessed to have the family that I do. ALL of them. My siblings and I all get along. We have our quirks, but we still love each other. I still have all of my grandparents here, which is rare. I have the BEST in-laws in the World! (ALL of them!) I don't know that I could ask for better cousins either. My 2 little boys are amazing and make my heart smile! The hubs is so supportive of me and my "projects", despite the fact that he thinks I'm crazy every time I start a new one. If he doesn't like something that I've done, he might let me know, but he would never ask me to change it back. He eventually smiles and gets used to it! :) I love my life and I love my Savior. I am blessed. 

By The Way. Here is a sneak peak of my latest project.


No comments :

Post a Comment